Program Type:Community & Culture
Come together with others in your community on the longest night of a challenging year.
This event strives to honor those loved ones near and far who have passed and those who are struggling due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We hope it help us remember and feel our deep connection to each other and offers some healing to those who need it.
We will share photos of the Remembrance Tree Memorials and hear music and reflections, with opportunities for community participation. The event features:
- Tonya Aikens, Howard County Library System
- County Executive Dr. Calvin Ball
- Makenna Burns, Columbia Community Care
- Sarbari Gangopadhyay, Aradhana School of Music
- Gabriel Hightower, Howard Progressive Project
- Pastor Tyrone P. Jones, IV, First Baptist Church of Guilford
- Shehlla Khan, Dar al Taqwa Islamic Center
- Mariana Medeiros, Initiative for Latin American Community Engagement
- Dr. Patricia Pugh, Howard County General Hospital
- Dr. Alvin Zhang, Kaiser Permanente
This event is most appropriate for teens and adults, with children welcome. Please know that loss, death and diverse faith traditions will be discussed.
Offered in partnership with InLACE, the Initiative for Latin American Community Engagement.
Event will be interpreted in Spanish.
How to participate:
- Please register with an email address to receive an immediate registration confirmation with a link to join the class/event. This email will also contain the dial-in information if you wish to participate by telephone.
- Need help using zoom? Contact the Library for assistance before the event.
- Please attend with a candle and matches and/or a flashlight handy (the flashlight on a cell phone will work!).
- Please make sure to use your candle safely (guidelines here).